Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai



I hadn't watched an Indian movie in so many years especially since Hazeqah was born. Umm.. maybe for the past nearly 6 years. This is because I was unable to relate to the film and the stories were somewhat weak. But I don’t know why, just a couple of days ago, I found this movie somewhere in my old boxes and when I watched it, I am still amazed!

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai seems to have made history.

The story begins with the funeral of Tina (Rani Mukherjee), who wants her new-born daughter - whom she names Anjali - to know her even though she won't exist any longer. In order for this to happen, she leaves her new-born daughter 8 letters, one to be presented to her on every one of her first eight birthdays. They slowly unfold the story of the lives of three college-mates, Tina, Rahul (Shahrukh Khan) and Anjali (Kajol). The eighth letter, though, reveals to her that it was her duty to bring Rahul & Anjali together, who were the best of buddies.

Rahul did seem to have feelings for Anjali, but she, being a tom-boyish character, could never show her feelings to him clearly. Rahul, though, soon fell for Tina - the Principal's daughter who arrived from London - least realising Anjali's fate.

Tina had always been suspicious about this love, but could not be sure of it.

At this point, Anjali realised just how much she loved Rahul. Anjali, the heart-broken lover, decided to move far away from Tina and Rahul's lives during her exams, trying to make her feelings for Rahul latent. Though she tried her best, she could not hide her deep and endless love for Rahul from Tina, who was sure of this by the time Anjali was at the train station, leaving them forever.

Anjali Jr. is extremely touched by this love story, and decides to get the two together. Soon, with the help of her Nana and Dadi, the obedient and lovable daughter of Rahul gets the separated best friends to meet. After about a decade, Rahul and Anjali Senior see each other, too much in state of shock to be able to even speak to each other. Soon, their love for each-other arises once again. After they are re-united, however, a new problem arises. Now Anjali Sr. (although she still loves Rahul) has been engaged to Aman (Salman Khan).

For me, what makes the film so enjoyable is that it's not only colorful in it's style and environment, but all of the characters have very colorful personalities that make the film works. In the sense of the plot it is easy to predict what is going to happen, but the movie is so well made your not really occupied with that though. Another factor is that it also has very convincing emotional content. The movie starts off very emotional when Rahul loses his wife Tina. I cried at the end when I saw how heartbroken Anjali and Rahul were because she was getting married to Aman.

I found this link if you are interested to watch the song clip..
I am not sure about you guys, but in my case, I couldnt stop my tears from coming down everytime I watch the movie..
Interesting huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ni cite hindustan pertama aku tgk tak ada scene gaduh