Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why shouldn't I?

sekadar hiasan

I was talking to this guy Nantha while waiting for my class before it get started. I understand that he just finished his night shift working at an overseas company somewhere in Puchong. He started his work at 11 pm at night and he finished work at 7 am in the morning and straight away come to the campus to attend the class. He looks so fresh and you will never know that he just came back from this work. At the evening, he will be attending the same class as mine, Computer Network that starts at 6.00 pm and finish at 9.00 pm. I am very sure after the class he will start his work again at 11 pm.
--
Next I was spoken to Mrs Kalai. She is a Maths teacher and she is doing her Masters (part time) on her own expenses and she is currently in her fourth (final) semester. What amaze me is that she comes very far away from Penang that is 5 hours travelling by bus. After that she has to take another bus from Sentral to the campus. If she has 2 days classes, she will be staying at UM hostel, attend the class the next morning and after that travels back to Penang. She travels twice a week leaving behind in Penang her 3 daughters taken care by her husband.
--
And then, during the group discussion session, I met another lady, Miss Gan. Similar to Mrs Kalai, Miss Gan is a teacher (also doing part time) but she stays in Triang, Pahang, that is nearly 3 hours drive from KL. Unlike Mrs Kalai, Miss Gan is driving her own car and she is now in the fourth (final) semester also.

FYI, Nantha, Mrs Kalai, Miss Gan and me are the only Malaysian in this class. The rest of the class are from different parts of the world.
.
I met these 3 persons when I was attending the Database Concepts and Implementations class this morning. Even though I can see a lot challenge they have to face.. They are willing to move ahead to enhance their knowledge..
.
Their courage really inspires me.
.
They make me think again and again..
.
If they are in such condition and they have high motivation and good spirit to proceed with their study, why shouldn't I?
.
Why shouldn't I?

No comments: