Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hannah, Tawakal Hospital and me - Day 2

Around 1.45 pm yesterday, I got a phone call informing me that the OT people require me to be there. So, hurriedly I moved to the nurse station, and they brought me to the OT. The nurse over there told me that Hannah has already awake but because the bius effect is still taking action, she might be feeling a bit tired and sleepy.

Tired Hannah after the operation

I met Dr Solah and really thank him what he has done. He told me that the procedure undergone for almost 4 hours. The particulars discusses were as following:

1. Do not inquire Hannah to blow her nose, because the nose is still bleeding and Hannah might experience drowsy a little bit as soon as she awakes from her sleep.

2. The adenoid was taken out, the size is pretty massive for a normal person, so as the tonsil and he said the specimens can be seen from the bottle.

Size of tonsil

size of adenoids


3. The sinusitis mucus was managed to get sucked out from the area between noses and eyes.

4. Two tubes were put inside both of her middle ears helping to work out the eardrum stuck in the glue. (well I am not sure about the scientific terms anyway)

5. No food is allowed for Hannah for the next 6 hours. Drinking water is also forbidden for the next 3 to 4 hours until she is fully awaken. Soft ice cream and jelly might possible for her to learn how to gulp down slowly.

6. Finally he said Hannah would be much better, healthier, more clearly in hearing and perhaps less snoring as well.

After that, 2 nurses pushed her stretcher to the ward followed by me. They informed me that the Dr has already given them the instructions and from time to time they will come and observe Hannah.

Hannah opens her eyes ON and OFF started from 3 pm. The first impression when she saw me and when I said hi sayang mama, she gave me that angry look. I understand. You know why? Maybe everybody around her was not telling her the truth. People keep on telling her ‘Its ok, not to worry, no pain’ etc, but it was never as what she experienced. He he… anyway, everything is settled and the most important task now is to ensure her recovery.

When she was fully awake at 4.30 pm, she was pointing her tummy. I asked her if she is hungry and she nodded agree. I said, well, the doctor only allows kakak to eat started from 8 pm. And she asked for plain water. After that she went to sleep again.

Around 5 pm, she went to toilet. Thank you mak for being here with me helping me take care Hannah. Kalau mak takdek panic jugak aku nak pegang dia lagi dengan botol air dia lagi. Nearly around 5.30 pm, Dr Solah walked in and reminds me again the instruction, type of medications and a few rules must be aware for Hannah after the operation.

Meanwhile she keeps on asking when her sister is coming to the hospital. I think more than 3 times she was signaling me asking me about when Hazeqah is coming. Umm.. she misses her sister. Gaduh gaduh juga.. bila tak jumpa asyik2 tanya.

She started to swallow the MILO ice cream at 6 pm I think only for 3 – 4 tea spoons. She took the plain porridge at 8 pm as advised by the doctor. At nearly 10 pm, 2 nurses came in for her BP and after that a nurse was checking her BP and body temperature. The readings were 100/60 for BP and 37.2 for her body temperature.

She slept at 10.30 pm. And after ensuring that everything was fine, I pull the blanket, put on my socks, and joining Hannah in her dream.

What a long day. Hope everything goes well for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ummu afif said...

Semoga Hannah cepat sihat.. dan boleh bermain dengan adiknya semula. Mamanya pula... jaga kesihatan... Tapi Kak Yus tak risau rasanya tak sempat kurus kot ya...